- South Africa: valid passport, no visa required.
- No vaccinations required for South Africa.
- No malaria risk at the main camp but precaution is recommended in some areas.
- The flight destination is Oliver Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
At the airport, you will be picked up by our staff for the 2-hour drive to our main camp.
Permits and Licences
- All additional hunting permits will be arranged by Matwetwe Safaris.
Our very experienced skinners will skin and field-prepare all trophies.
All trophies will be marked, salted and dried before taken to a Taxidermy or shipping company.
All the necessary documentation and other arrangements will be handled by Matwetwe Safaris.
Firearms and Calibres
- Big 5 animals: a legal minimum of .375 calibre.
- Plains game: a .30 - .375 calibre with a good quality telescope is recommended.
- Ammunition for plains game: 60-80 premium grade soft-nosed bullets are required.
- Ammunition for Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino: 40-60 solid and 20 soft-nosed bullets are required.
- Ammunition for Lion and Leopard: Soft-nosed bullets are required.
Clothing and Other Equipment
Approximate winter temperatures (May to August) range between 35°F in the early morning to 70°F in the afternoon. Spring temperatures (March to April and September to October) range between 50°F and 90°F. The raining season varies by areas.
- 1 or 2 pair of comfortable hunting boots or shoes
- Casual- or running shoes
- Sweater, warm jacket, belt and hat
- Casual clothes
- 3 sets of hunting clothes: long pants(zip on’s), long sleeve shirts, socks and underwear
It is important to adjust your clothes according to the time of year your hunt takes place.
- Personal medical kit with sunblock(SPF 30) and mosquito repellent
- Pair of sunglasses
- Small day pack (knapsack)
- Flashlight, binoculars, a camera with spare film and batteries
- Pocket knife
The modern yet rustic chalets will provide comfortable accommodation for the whole family.
- Spacious airconditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Magnificent Lapa and swimming pool
- Running hot and cold water
- Flush toilets
- Electricity with converters
Food and Beverages
We shall spoil you with traditional South African cuisine, served with our fine wines from the Cape Province. Other alcoholic beverages, beer and soft drinks are also available on the menu.